It has been a dream of mine for quite some time to create a place for women in our community to go when they needed support. Support on all levels whether it be emotional, financial or just where to go to learn how to fix a tap.
My ultimate dream would be to create a facility that includes a wellness centre, café, bookstore and resource centre. It would also include a travel shop. A big dream yes, but for me anything is possible.
This past week I was with a group of women whom I found to be rather inspiring and who also felt not only was there a need for such a network within our community/province but who also said they would support me in whichever way they could to get this project going.
I think we shall start small and within Calgary or just articles of interest from women within the area and watch how this will evolve. I plan by the end of the year to have a webpage set up and secure and filled with great stories and tid bits of information for us all.
It’s for women but I am sure men will also find it interesting. From Heath to Travel, lets see this dream come true!
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment