Sunday, May 27, 2007

Spiritural Sunday


LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOURS

Ok well not literally, but when was the last time you said hello to them?

I am very fortunate I have awesome neighbours. My neighbours to the north of me make me feel like I am part of their family. I am invited to all of their family functions and this is very cool because they have a big family and there is lots of food and chatter and fun. These neighbours are always there when I need them and often I need them lots. A broken lawnmower, a leaky faucet, a fallen fence and help in the garden. I am so lucky they are there and I cherish them dearly.

My neighbours to the south moved here from England about 4 years ago, both are very hard workers but when I do see them, they are friendly and he especially loves to talk. I find them very interesting.

My neighbour to the east is letting his daughter stay in his house. He is an elderly gentleman and lives in town with his wife as she is in a home. But this neighbour comes out weekly to work on his property because he enjoys doing this. I really like him and find comfort in the fact that he likes to maintain and take care of the land across from my home.

I have two neighbours behind me. Both are friendly and have often told me if I needed any help that all I needed to do was just ask. One couple just had a baby and the mom was so excited to announce over her deck of the details of her new child… a boy by the way.

Most of the remainder of my little neighbourhood area are personable and very friendly. Our children have grown up together and we share a love for our homes, our families and our community.

Thing is, I know that if I ever needed their support they would be there for me. I know this because they have come to my rescue often... and this makes me feel safe.

One of the commandments in the bible says “Love thy neighbours”. There is credence in this saying trust me.

So the next time you see your neighbour drive into his garage, just give him a wave. Say hello, invite the family over for a BBQ. It’s good for the soul.

No comments: