
On my 51st birthday I held a "DIVA" party for my girlfriends.
See: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandygirl/sets/198148/ for pictures.
The prerequisite for entering the party was that you had to wear a hat, or gloves or a boa.
The meal had a theme… DECADANCE. Each woman was in charge of bringing a specific entrée. It started with an appetizer of artichoke dip and deep fired lasagna, from there we had French Canadian Onion Soup, Greek Salad, Boeuf Bourguignon as the main entrée with assorted exotic vegetables and Canadian Wild Rice. Dessert was a Magnificent raspberry cheesecake. And later on we drank wine and ate Bernard Callebaut Chocolates (see: http://www.bernardcallebaut.com/users/folder.asp )
I made each girlfriend a booklet that had all sorts of information from the meaning of their names, a numerology forecast, links to websites of interest. I asked them to give me 5 of their most favourite songs and made a CD (set of two actually) for each of them with all the songs on it. I wrote a long page of what they meant to me and how grateful I was to each unique one of them and presented each of them with a DIVA/GODDESS ring. From there we played a DIVA game of which we told all our secrets and then proceeded to make Diva wands. Each lady brought their pj’s and stayed over night as we were having too much fun drinking wine and laughing… I just knew no one would want to go home. The next morning I made them all a decadent breakfast.
You too can create your own DIVA night. All you need is a little imagination and some awesome girlfriends!
If you want to know more about the DIVA night, just send me an email at Canadian1st@hotmail.com.
Sandy
The meal had a theme… DECADANCE. Each woman was in charge of bringing a specific entrée. It started with an appetizer of artichoke dip and deep fired lasagna, from there we had French Canadian Onion Soup, Greek Salad, Boeuf Bourguignon as the main entrée with assorted exotic vegetables and Canadian Wild Rice. Dessert was a Magnificent raspberry cheesecake. And later on we drank wine and ate Bernard Callebaut Chocolates (see: http://www.bernardcallebaut.com/users/folder.asp )
I made each girlfriend a booklet that had all sorts of information from the meaning of their names, a numerology forecast, links to websites of interest. I asked them to give me 5 of their most favourite songs and made a CD (set of two actually) for each of them with all the songs on it. I wrote a long page of what they meant to me and how grateful I was to each unique one of them and presented each of them with a DIVA/GODDESS ring. From there we played a DIVA game of which we told all our secrets and then proceeded to make Diva wands. Each lady brought their pj’s and stayed over night as we were having too much fun drinking wine and laughing… I just knew no one would want to go home. The next morning I made them all a decadent breakfast.
You too can create your own DIVA night. All you need is a little imagination and some awesome girlfriends!
If you want to know more about the DIVA night, just send me an email at Canadian1st@hotmail.com.
Sandy
No comments:
Post a Comment