Sunday, May 20, 2007

Spiritual Sunday

"YOU'VE GOT TO HAVE FRIENDS!"
I think one of my favourite quotes is one by Ralph Waldo Emerson and it goes like this…

“A Friend may well be reckoned the masterpiece of Nature”


Those of you who know me know that I am most appreciative of and recognize the loving value of my friends.

People come and go from our lives all the time but a true friend is there with you in heart even if he or she is not in physical body.

My friends have helped to shape the person I have become. Their support and love and objective (and not so objective) opinions have kept me grounded or at least tethered to firmer ground during times when I felt I was walking blind. Each one of them had their own unique contribution to my life and when I am with them I feel safe.

All of my friends have been mentors of sorts. All my friends I consider kindred spirits, some friends, soul sisters (brothers), all of them teachers. They have empowered me and encouraged me to be all that I can be. All of them are loving people and I feel so honoured that they have chosen to share their lives with me.

My friends have helped to expose the beauty in me and for that I am forever grateful to them.

Those of you who have close and loving friends know just how important they are to your spirit.

I have two books about friends I’d like to suggest for reading. The stories are very inspiring they both about two friends and what one has to teach the other.

Both books were given to me by one of my best of friends.

The first book is “Tuesdays With Morrie” by Mitch Albom.

The second book is “The Way Of The Peaceful Warrior” by Dan Millman


“The most I can do for my friend is simply to be his friend. I have no wealth to bestow on him. If he knows that I am happy in loving him, he will want no other reward. Is not friendship divine in this?”
~Henry David Thoreau~

No comments: