Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Technical Tuesday


PAINTING A ROOM

So today I am going to write about painting a room. My house is about 12 years old give or take a couple of years and there certainly is much that needs to be attended to. One of the things on the list is painting the house, inside that is.

Now I thought that I would tackle doing part of it myself and have decided to try and do a small area like my bedroom to start. Never having painted a wall before I thought it best to get some instructions on just how to do that. So of course I go to the internet and find out all sorts of information.

So you do have some options here. If the thought of painting intimidates you, you can always call a local house painter. Now you could ask at Home Depot or RONA/Revy or Totem and they may be able to suggest someone. Or you could check these web pages below.

http://www.fivestar-painting.com/

www.CertaPro.com/Free_Estimate


http://www.collegepro.com/

Also check this site out:


http://www.gopro.ca/painting/manufacturers//paint//catalog.htm


But if you choose to challenge yourself then you have a few options. You can go to your local hardware store (Home Depot, Canadian Tire, RONA/Revy and or Totem being one of many), and go to their paint department. Their staff should be knowledgeable enough to help you decide just what you need when it comes to the type of paint, tools and instructions you need. Or go directly to the paint manufacture show room and they will also be able to help you.

Or you can check out several “How To” web pages as the ones I have placed below. I personally like the one with the video because it actually shows you how to roll the roller.

http://www.realsimple.com/realsimple/package/1,21861,1056968,00.html

http://www.paintquality.com/diy/content/howtopaint.htm

http://www.helpwithdiy.com/painting/painting_interior_walls.html

http://www.benjaminmoore.ca/howto/painting101.aspx

http://www.soyouwanna.com/site/syws/paintroom/paintroom.html

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-paint-a-wall


Later on I will do a blow by blow on just how well painting my bedroom went. Till then, I’m off to do more research and to pick out a colour.

No comments: